Terms And Conditions
All work is carried out in accordance with BS7671 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition). The installation will comply with Part P of the Building Regulations (2005). Where required, on completion Techmeisters Ltd will issue the relevant certification and inform your local building control office of the nature and extent of the works carried out.
Techmeisters Ltd guarantees all work for a period of 12 months from completion, provided that the work is not altered or interfered with in any way (including third party repairs). Materials and components are subject to manufacturer's warranty. Any Warranty jobs are only done by ourselves and other contractors services are not refunded.
All installation work is covered by the NICEIC 6 year insurance-backed Warranty Scheme.
1. Additional works (that is, those not specifically noted in this quotation) will be subject to charges at our normal rate of £80 per hour.
2. All fittings remain the property of Techmeisters Ltd until full and final payment is received even after installation.
3. All fittings and components are provided as white plastic conforming to the relevant British standards (unless otherwise stated).
4. Where making good is necessary, Techmeisters Ltd will make good to a bonding coat finish only, or filler for smaller defects. This will require sanding and a smooth coat once dry.
5. Techmeisters Ltd will provide materials and labour unless otherwise stated.
6. Techmeisters Ltd will have access to the property on the days agreed. The job duration quoted assumes vacant access and the absence of delays or disruptions by other trades. Any delays due to disruption or impeded access may result in additional charges.
7. Techmeisters Ltd will not be responsible for waste removal.
8. Occupants will need to ensure that the floor spaces of all rooms are clear. Any delays due to unclear spaces will result in additional charges.
9. Certificates, where required, will be forwarded on receipt of full payment.
10. Parking permits are to be provided where required, otherwise parking costs will be added to the final invoice.
11. It is the client/customers responsibility to ensure permission, building warrants and authorisation for any/all work required.
12. Free advice is general electrical safety recommendations individual to your needs helping to improve the safety of your property/premises.
13. If we do work (including fault finding or cable location etc) then there is a charge and this is not included in free advice.
14. Any equipment requiring hired, ie access equipment, other tradesmen (subcontractors, ie plumber/builder/carpet fitter/ decorator etc) or any other large cost out of our control will be paid for in advance by yourself the customer (or bill payer) in full before the 1st day of work direct or via ourselves to the subcontractor(s).
15. Any “DEADLINE CLAUSES” including charges MUST be made available in writing to us before the start of job or within 7 DAYS of start date of larger projects of 20+ days or we will not be held liable under any terms.
Power may be shut off as the work is carried out and a temporary supply fitted. Flooring may be lifted to provide access. In order to run new cables the contractor may need to open channels in the ceilings and walls, we will fill these channels to a bonding coat only. The above may not apply to every project and your electrician will advise you on the day.
Techmeisters Ltd will take every care to avoid damage during the execution of works, however, dependent on the age of the property and the type of work contracted it is possible that some slight damage may be inevitable, i.e. cracking or breaking of dried floorboards, cracks to plaster near channelling, carpets not refitting tightly. We cannot be held responsible for repairs to such damage.
Quotes given are Estimates and not fixed Prices and can vary, estimates are approximate minimum-maximum but never a final price. Free Quotes are given at our discretion, We will only ever charge if we have to get tools out or come across a dangerous situation which requires immediate attention.
Free Quotes are only available within a 5 Mile radius of Southampton, Outside of this area a small charge will be made to cover Travel costs which will be reimbursed upon final invoice of work carried out.
Techmeisters Ltd, will require the payment of a deposit prior to booking works into their schedule of works. As time, date(s) slot is only agreed when a deposit is paid. A contract is only formed after the deposit is received and that time date is arranged, no deposit means no guaranteed start date for work to commence.
If work is cancelled without 5 days working notice the deposit is non-refundable. More than 5 days prior notice and deposit is fully refundable (less any admin charges, if applies) as long as no material has been ordered.
Small jobs normally have no deposit required and can be cancelled at no cost to either party, unless again material is ordered or work has already started.
Returned materials can have a wholesaler restocking charge.
Deposits are required on every job where the total equates to more than £500.
Over £2000 of Materials The total cost of materials will be payable before work can commence. This can be split into 3 Payments of Deposit 30%, End of First fix 40% and End of Second fix 30% as required.
All Jobs require a Deposit unless otherwise agreed, and payments of stage invoices and end of works invoices are payable upon completion, the balance of the monies owed will become due. Larger projects may require interim payments, and this will be agreed in advance.
Techmeisters Ltd accept most methods of payment including BACS, Cards and Cash up to £300. All materials including fittings, cables and other components remain the property of Techmeisters Ltd until full and final payment is made.
Invoices are as issued as the work, or stages of the work are completed, and if payment is not received within 10 days (including weekends and bank holidays) a 10% fee is added as late payment and the invoice is re-sent on day 11 for the extra added amount.
Any discounts / special offers / promotions will be forfeited and reinstated back onto the invoice. Strict 10 days to receive FULL payment, excluding down payments /deposits. Failure to settle an account within one calendar month of invoice date will automatically start legal claims proceedings at the FULL rate of invoice.
All legal costs, late payments fees, additional labour fees can be added to the invoice as a decision of Techmeisters Ltd. There may be a daily interest applied to any long term outstanding debts until payment cleared in full.
Only one reminder is posted as an overdue reminder, this has the 10% added and further to receive payment debt recovery costs started without further warnings.
CALLOUTS & RATES
Emergency call outs are void from a no call out fee. This will be Payable by Card or cash when leaving the property regardless if repaired or return visit required.
Return visits are quoted and invoiced separately.
Normal working hours at single time are 8am-4:30pm, Monday - Friday, including bank holidays, excluding Christmas / New Year. Out of these hours is charged at a higher labour charge. Emergency call out available throughout the year, 24hour, 365 days a year. (see above). Inspection and testing is normally included (unless otherwise stated) in all jobs and full certification given if applicable.
Certificates are only issued when payment is received in full and all funds have cleared.. Techmeisters Ltd can change its terms and conditions at any time, only in writing if a current contract is already started. No future notice needs to be given to change terms and conditions.
Account Name: Techmeisters Ltd
Account Number: 44145569
Sort Code: 04-00-03
We no longer accept Cheques as a form of payment, You can pay directly from your bank account or we can accept Card payments through the Servicem8 link in the invoice email.
By accepting the works discussion document, you understand that you are accepting these terms and conditions understand that these relate to present and all future works undertaken and allow work to commence, and that and your rights to the Cooling off period of 14 Days under “the Consumer Rights Act 2015” Is waived as to proceed with the works to be carried out.
Upon referring new clients to Techmeisters Ltd, and Techmeisters Ltd winning over £2000 of work in revenue, our referees are entitled to a minimum charge booking - for FREE!
The referee must notify the contractor on each occurrence, and keep track of clients referred and dates of the referrals. The revenue pot can accumulate over time after several referrals. Minimum charge bookings essentially give you an hour of the Contractor’s time, where you may be able to swap two light fittings, sockets, or switches, work on the heating controls, add a surface mount socket close to existing, or carry out a lightweight health check on the
electrics, security appraisal, or damp check, all depending on the complexity of the time at
hand. Materials are not included.
Errors and omissions excepted.